As a result of driving new innovations, we
have developed specialized products to
answer to some of the biggest logistical and
Ultra-Thin Reinforced Concrete: Brought to SA by Adrian Bergh, developed by
HBA through extensive development on site, trusted by the CSIR, Gautrans
Thin concrete using the HBA design have
been successfully applied in all the following cases:
• Hardstands/Delivery Areas
• Surface Beds
• Parking Areas
• Urban/Municipal Roads
• Provisional Roads
• Mine Haul Roads
• Lining of concrete stormwater channels
Patented half pipe for Storm water
Half the height, half the price, double the effectiveness…
WHY A HALF PIPE?
The half pipe design is the answer to several challenges faced with conventional concrete stormwater pipes.
• Due to the shape, it eliminates issues relating to compaction of backfill under circular pipes.
• Failures in stormwater pipes resulting from a lack of compaction are eliminated when replaced by the half pipe design
• Limited height of the road surface above the stream invert level, is addressed by using the half pipe design.
• Materials for construction are readily available on site and half pipes can be constructed in situ with very little effort.
• On-site construction eliminates transportation costs of pipes to remote sites.
• Due to the shape, all materials are in compression, resulting in a very sturdy structure that can withstand tremendous loads and high fills.